Instead of making resolutions, I decided to made a list of "The Things I Want To Do This Year"! Many of these ideas were already on my interests radar, have been on my mind, or they were my bucket list already. Plus, new ones that I think will make this year more meaningful and fun! Turned out to be an even 50 for me, and my list includes personal challenges, ideas for things to do, goals to help others, ways have fun with life, and some Leigh-Ann improvement.
This will be an all year project, and I hope to share my progress! I'll add notes here in this post and link to my bucket list items as I accomplish them, in no particular order :) Can't wait!!
If you want to join in, write your own 2016 Bucket List of any size and we can work on them together through the Year! #LAfromFN
My 2016 Bucket List:
1. Be a guest on a podcast that I can impact.
2. Be more like Forrest Gump.
3. Be on time.
4. Buy a Bernie Skateboard for my wall (Joseph Brooks).
5. Change my name.
6. Discover Winnipeg with my camera.
7. Do my work with discipline.
8. Don't give hold to my style all the time.
9. Find special ways to celebrate others successes & encourage them in hard times.
10. Fully enjoy the summer again.
11. Get a job with salary (aim: Program Manager).
12. Go camping once.
13. Go on a roadtrip (any size).
14. Go out to more openings, launches, shows and theme nights.
15. Go skinny dipping in a stranger's pool.
16. Go to a winning Jets Game.
17. Help three people see a dream come true.
18. Honor and explore “solitude is relative”.
19. Improve my credit score.
20. Improve my memory somehow.
21. Install an art piece on my front tree.
23. Keep eating less meat, easier to have a healthy body. But still love meat.
24. Keep loving podcasts and watching tv in bed.
25. Keep my promises.
26. Keep my small habit goal every day for the year (12 day guilt free pass).
27. Keep my Well topped up.
28. Kiss more, dance more.
29. Learn LinkedIn.
30. Learn more about my friends.
31. Make a morning ritual.
32. More girl dates with Olivia and Kennedy.
33. Paint the front windows.
34. Plan evenings off three days a week.
35. Practice being more private and protective.
36. Read a book a month.
37. Save for a month worth of bills.
38. Screen print a t-shirt that I design.
39. Sit less.
40. Spend my money more intentionally.
41. Stay more informed by reading CNN or Winnipeg Free Press once a week.
42. Study Anni Albers more.
43. Study ethics.
44. Try more recipes and fall more in love with cooking.
45. Teach two craft or skill classes this year.
46. Visit more.
47. Volunteer three times.
48. Wear panties I love every day.
49. Wear shorter shorts.
50. Write more letters.
Q. Do we have any Bucket List items in common? Would love to know in the comments :)
My 2 to 3 Year Plans & Goals:
1. Release my Co-Signer.
2. Be a Project Manager.
3. Have a daughter, be a mom.
4. More closet space.
5. Lay with + play with a litter of puppies, hopefully wrinkly ones.
6. Have more money to help others.
7. Afford the dentist and new glasses easily.
8. Be more at peace and happy with my Lot.
9. Be just as passionate, less intense.
I have a monthly goal to Read a Book a Month (No.37), and I started today! For January, I'm reading a book called "Daily Rituals - How Artists Work" by Mason Currey... heard about it on the Pink-Haired Marketer podcast. And since I love lists, I made a fun chart to track my books through the year.
If you have a Monthly Reading Goal too, print My Book/Reading Tracker and fill it in with your book list, or print an 'Any Goal' Tracker 1 or 'Any Goal' Tracker 2 for any monthly goal you're committing to this year! The Coloured Charts print well in Black and White.
If you're joining in, I'd love to see! Please hashtag your goals chart with #LAfromFN throughout the year, especially once you complete your overall goal in December!!